Just as children are laying the foundations for a life of learning and rich experience, they are also taking early steps towards a healthy mind and body. This is where food plays an essential role.
Our catering providers bring the fun and excitement of food to our youngest children. Colours, textures and taste are there to be explored and enjoyed. There is always something on the menu for each child to enjoy.
Our providers supply nutritious and balanced meals with varying menus which change each term. We are able to cater to different dietary requires from halal, vegetarian to a variety of food intolerances. Our staff are happy to meet with parents/carers to plan individual pupils’ dietary needs.
Drinking water is freely available and children are encouraged to bring in reusable bottles.
If you’re on benefits, your child may be entitled to FREE SCHOOL MEALS no matter what year they are in, saving you £400 per year per child.
You are entitled to free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit, if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- if your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll continue to receive them until they move to a new stage of school, such as from primary into secondary school
Please note: People receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of their income level, do not qualify.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
For children in Key Stage 2 who are not entitled to Free School Meals, meals are charged at £2.10 per day.