The Primary PE and Sport Premium is a grant provided by the Government to support "additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of physical activity (PE) and sport for the benefit of primary aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy and active lifestyles"
Our PE Vision:
We use our Primary PE and Sport Premium Grant to support our vision and values through 4 main areas identified to support children. However, this in not exhaustive and will be used flexibly to meet the needs of individual children:
- Promote PE and school sport with pupils, staff, parents, governors and the local community and encourage pupils to aspire to become successful in sports.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE by providing quality CPD opportunities.
- Offer a broad and balanced PE curriculum, where children learn and develop new skills and are able to innovatively apply them in all areas.
- Provide enhancements to the curriculum by offering a variety of extra-curricular opportunities
We aim to:
- Be Proud of our sporting achievements
- Have a Positive attitude towards physical activity
- Make Productive choices in our lives
Primary PE and Sport Premium Grant
Our total funding for 2018-2019 is £17,800.
At Park View Primary Academy we have identified several areas to improve and enhance our provision through the use of the grant to raise participation and achievement for all pupils in PE, sport and physical activity.
Our identified priorities for 2018-2019 are:
- Improve the quality of PE within school by providing CPD opportunities;
- Increase pupil participation in extra-curricular sports clubs and competitions;
- To develop the outside and indoor areas;
- Increase the amount of daily physical activity.
We are working closely with the staff at The South Leeds Academy to provide opportunities for inter-school activities and competitions and our SLA also provides the academy with continual professional development opportunities, including working with individual members of staff to develop their skills.
We also work closely with Health for All, who provide additional activities for our pupils. We are also developing further relationships with additional groups in the local area.
Real PE website: https://www.createdevelopment.co.uk/real-pe/
Leeds South and Central Sport website: www.leedssouthandcentralssp.org
You can read how we utilise the PE and Sport Premium Grant on our Statutory Information page here.